Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hawaii and Easter!

Ian went on a business trip to Hawaii for two weeks in March! He was working on the BYU Hawaii audit, so he stayed right on campus. Camry and I were sad we didn't get to go with, but wanted to share some of the cool things Ian got to do when he wasn't working.
The Temple was closed for cleaning, but Ian got to go look at the grounds and take some really beautiful pictures! Did you know that this temple has a beach on it's grounds? I thought that was a pretty neat fact:)

He was able to go to Pearl Harbor and take the tours there:) Ian is some what of a war history buff, and loves doing this type of stuff.


Ian was all by himself at Pearl Harbor so here he is trying to get in the photo:)


This is the National Park where Ian got to go snorkeling! I am so jealous, even though I get kind of scared when I snorkel . All of the dark area in the photo is coral. Two weeks was a long time with out Ian, and I am so happy to have him home. Camry cries now every time Ian leaves:( I think she thinks he is going to leave again, and as a result has become very clingy with Daddy. Also, Ian's work hours have gone back to normal, so we can feel like a real family again:)




Happy Easter
Normally on Easter we go camping out west for the weekend...riding four wheelers and roasting dogs and mallows over the fire. But this year due to the stinky weather, we had to stay home. So instead we went to dinner at Grandpa and Grandma Erickson's! Here is Camry's first Easter egg hunt, she kept calling the eggs, balls. What a cutie! Our battery died before we could get a picture of all of us. Here's a little video of her gathering her eggs...she didn't really want to put them in her bucket, silly girl. Don't mind the crazy videography, Ian was trying to help and video at the same time:) I am so grateful for the Easter season and the message it brings of our beautiful Savior!

4 comments:

  1. She looks so perplexed about the whole thing! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those picture of Hawaii look so inviting! What a fun thing that he got to go-but so sad for you to still be in the snow! I think he owes you, Ray :) Camry is so cute, although she looks scared of that yellow egg! Her face in the picture makes me laugh so hard! You're as gorgeous as ever, Raylyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camry is SOOOOO cute!!! I didn't think she could get any cuter, but she has!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! Why didn't you go?! Camry was free and you had a free hotel room! No fair he went without you!!! 2 weeks is a long time. I'm glad life is back to normal for you guys. Can't wait to see you all in a few months!

    ReplyDelete