Yesterday Ian, Camry and I were able to go to BYU to see the art exhibit Carl Bloch: The Master's Hand. Here's a link to the website if you want to learn more http://carlbloch.byu.edu/index.php (although yesterday was the last day of the exhibit). I am so glad we took the time to go and see these huge alter pieces and other works painted by a man who bore his testimony through his artwork. There was such a wonderful spirit throughout the whole museum. It was also neat to learn more about the artist Carl Bloch and his life and how his works came to be cherished by Latter Day Saints. This is one of my favorite pieces we saw, it was truly beautiful and amazing to see in real life!
12 years ago







So I'm really bugged... I wrote this post and wanted to make a few changes on it, and when I edit it, it won't let me publish it. Is anyone else having these kinds of problems with the program? Well anyway I want to say "testimony of Christ" and "in person" istead of "real life". Not that it matters too much:)
ReplyDeleteThat picture was my favorite part of the exhibit. Don't pictures of Christ and children have a whole new meaning once you have children of your own?
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys were able to go. We went the last week too! Such an amazing exhibit. When we went B wasn't very cooperative so we couldn't stay as long as we wanted...but it was still amazing to see all of those beautiful paintings in person.